Friday, October 14, 2011

AW177 New York Comic Con 2011 Day 1!



What a day today was and it was all very exciting and so much fun! Here's a recap of how my day went down for those that are interested!

I received an email from Benny from Tenacious Toys saying that I needed to get my Qee down to the con as soon as I can, since there was someone interested in buying my 16" Qee around 4:30pm! I called Benny back and told him I was on my way down and should arrive around 6pm. He emailed the potential buyer and told him to come back around 6ish if he's still interested in buying the Qee. I took the bus/train down and rushed over to the con and made it there around 6:15, but the guy didn't show up yet. But it was really great to see Benny & Steph from Tenacious Toys again and nice to meet Kevin Winnik from Toy2R! Also props to Keithing from ToyQube, Mr. Munk, Nemo, and a whole bunch of other people!


L-R: Kevin, Steph, Benny, me (click on pic to make it bigger)

There are a lot of great customs in the Tenacious Toys/Toy2R booth; I think that makes it stand out from the rest, they were promoting more of the artists and their art rather than to just sell production toys. I am really honored and appreciative of Tenacious Toys always supporting my work!


My 5" Qees on display


My 16" Qee on display

The potential buyer came back later and bought the 16" Qee!


This is the fine French gentleman who graciously purchased my custom 16" Qee on the first preview day of NYCC 2011! I am truly humbled that he liked my work that much to buy it right away! Thank you so much!

And on top of that, someone came and bought one of my limited edition "Circuit Death" t-shirts!


This is the fine gentleman who was kind enough to buy one of my limited edition "Circuit Death" t-shirts and had me sign the shirt + some stickers! Thank you so much!

By the time this was all done, it was 7pm and the con was closed! I am happy that my custom 16" Qee sold so quickly, but wished it couldn't have been displayed longer for others to view, but it's all good, as long as the buyer(s) enjoy my work, it makes me truly happy to continue to create art. Thank you to all for your support and I'll make another update of the con tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment