Friday, August 24, 2012

What the Heck is Going On?

That's what I'd like to know! For those that do read my blog, it's been real quiet (sort of) for the past few weeks. My sister just recently got married a in August and had relatives in town, so I decided not to accept or do any projects till after everything is over. Then after they left, I got sick for 2 days, so now I'm sorta back on my feet again and ready for new things! And the first thing, the main thing I gotta do is revise my website - having created my own Flash website from the ground up was fun, but it's time for a change.

Why did I build a Flash site? Well if you really wanna know, I do all my vector drawings and designs in Flash - I find it a lot easier to use than Illustrator. I feel Flash has the complete package - you want animation? Flash can do it. You want vector? Flash can do it. You want a website? Flash can do it. It's a lot easier to work with it than to build it in Photoshop, slice it, code it, etc. Well at least for me.

Another reason was to see if I can do it and I did, which I was very proud of. I hate the fact that Apple doesn't want to support it in their products; I don't care what they think of it or this and that, if a large percentage of sites use Flash then support it! But anyway, that's a debate on its own...

I am tired though of having a Flickr site to post pics, Blogger for my blog, a separate website, store, etc. I want to have one site that contains my pics, blog, updates, store, etc. And for that reason, I need to rethink and redo my website.

So I will be exploring options in the CMS world and go from there. Other updates? Ummm...I may be working on customizing a figure designed by Matt Anderson that will be blind boxed and sold at his booth (sharing w/ Rsin, Tenacious Toys, Bad Applez, Inc, Kid Ink Industries).

I'm still waiting around to hear back from New Era regarding the New Era Introducing project and hope to get paid finally from some of my past projects! Honestly some of these clients don't recognize that I need $ to eat!!!

That's it for now - I'm still available for design/toy work! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment